Thursday, March 10, 2011

Coronado

I know I’ve said this a thousand times but I absolutely adore the Hotel Del.
Today is the third day of spring break and I have nothing to do until 4:00! Amazing, isn’t it?
So guess where I am. Exactly. I’m sitting on a wooden bench outside the Del overlooking the soft sand and enchanting sea of Coronado. The shore sparkles and the waves politely introduce themselves and then shy away back into the vast ocean. Just 20 feet to my left there’s a first grade class practicing art by drawing the hotel.
I love this place.
I’m not sure why I’m so drawn to it. Sometimes I like to pretend I’m a guest and I’m entering the heavy wooden doorway for the first time after a long flight. As I walk in the chandelier that hangs from the ceiling sparkles with the excitement of being in a new place. Or I can imagine that I’m engaged to the love of my life, scoping out the hotel as a potential venue for our long awaited wedding. Or I can just be Felisha; a busy college student who wore her favorite dress along with a new pair of shoes and ventured to this serene setting to escape her life for a day. It’s not that I don’t like my life; it’s just something about coming here that allows me to step outside of it for a few hours and just enjoy the present. The birds even seem to know there’s something special about this place as they whisper sweet secrets to each other in the purple flower bed by the bench. The rush of the waves reminds me of time and I wish I could stay here forever. A polite breeze touches my cheek ever so kindly as if to say that things will be okay and we will meet again soon.
Until then,

Felisha

No comments:

Post a Comment