Thursday, November 4, 2010

Psalm 6

.
I so admire David's honesty.
This may sound a little extreme, but I value honesty,
and honestly, I feel this way tonight.
.
Psalm 6
.
Please, God, no more yelling,
no more trips to the woodshed.
Treat me nice for a change;
I'm so starved for affection.
.
Can't you see I'm black and blue,
beat up badly in bones and soul?
God, how long with it take
for you to let up?
.
Break in, God, and break up this fight;
if you love me at all, get me out of here.
I'm no good to you dead, am I?
I can't sing in your choir if I'm buried in some tomb!
.
I'm tired of all this - so tired.
My bed has been floating for 40 days and nights
on the flood of my tears.
My mattress is soaked, soggy with tears.
The sockets of my eyes are black holes;
nearly blind, I squint and grope.
.
Get out of here, you Devil's crew:
at last God has heard my sobs.
My requests have all been granted,
my prayers answered.
.
Cowards, my enemies disappear.
Disgraced, they turn tail and run.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment